If you are stressed about the mold infestation in your wet basement Hamilton, then you are at the right place. In this blog, we will discuss the ways in which we can control the mold from growing in your basement.
Fungus like mold and mildew are microorganisms that are commonly found in damp areas like your basements. These can grow rapidly in high humidity levels and root themselves in dark and moistened surfaces. And, basements are the perfect breeding ground for molds to feed on and increase. If there is a leak in any pipelines, it can directly invite mold and mildew in that area. Once the spores are scattered, it becomes very difficult to remove them.
Why are there molds in your basement?
There are many reasons for mold outbreaks in wet basement Hamilton. Water damage is one of the primary reasons. It can cause excess water seepage, and all the items in the area can get soaked. These damp items capture moisture and humidity, which are the reasons for the growth of fungi on them. Water flooding can also cause drenched walls, foundations, and wooden floors. This crisis is a perfect feast for molds to feed on. Once molds get their roots in your wet basement Hamilton, it will become very difficult for you to remove them completely. That is why it is important to consult professional contractors to help you with this.
Other than rainy water leakage problems, you can encounter mold and mildew growth during the rainy season. With showers of rain, moisture and humidity are also present in the environment. Therefore, molds can grow rapidly in this season as they get their sustaining source in abundance.
Molds can grow inside and outside the pipelines and can block the flow of water. You can also observe rusting of the pipelines. It would be best if you took immediate action before it started to become hazardous for your health.
Molds can be the reason for several severe health problems
Of Course, mold is unsightly and has a very unpleasant smell. It also is the reason behind many serious health problems. The mold spores get scattered in the air and can easily enter your body through the nasal cavity and your mouth. These tiny invisible spores can cause allergy and give you nasal stuffiness, asthma, breathing problems, sore throats, and infections. Moreover, molds are responsible for severe lung infections and diseases. It has been recorded that children with mold-positive home exposure are more likely to be affected with asthma.
Tips to prevent mold infestation
DIY solutions are not enough when we are talking about fungus outbreaks. You must take help from experienced plumbers who can assist you with instant and permanent solutions for removing molds. But before they reach your doorstep, you must ensure that you have taken all the necessary precautions beforehand to ease the process.
- Spores can multiply if they get enough humidity levels. You must take care of the humidity and moisture levels in the polluted area. This should be done to prevent them from growing any further.
- If your wet basement Hamilton area has water leakage issues, you should fix it urgently. Dampness is a rich source for molds to grow rapidly. That is why it is important to get sunlight exposure to the affected area. You should also clean out the flooded water from the space.
- The polluted area must get adequate airflow. This will help to eliminate the humidity and moisture level. You can open the windows and doors for perfect ventilation in the attic, crawlspaces, and basement foundation repair.
- You can use fans and dehumidifiers for eliminating the excess humidity level in the mold-affected area. This will also help to extract the moisture from the specific space.
- Once you detect mold growth, you must immediately remove all the damp items. Dampness is the perfect source for moisture and humid accumulation and, thus, a perfect spot for spores to grow on. Keep them under the sun for drying these wet items.
- Clean all the hard-to-remove things and sanitize them properly. Spores can be traced on the carpets, upholstery, rugs, wooden floors, and tiles. You can use bleach to remove the porous particles on them.
Get help from Basement Waterproofing Hamilton Contractors
Aquatech Basement WaterProofing Solution Hamilton provides you with the best Wet Basement Solutions. We have a team of trained plumbers who are very professional and friendly. They will assist you with expert waterproofing solutions for all your fungi and bacteria problems. They also offer professional services for other Basement Foundation Repair problems, including leaky basement, flooded yard, wet basement repair Hamilton, foundation leak repair, broken sump pump, cracked exterior foundation, and much more.